Loan Periods & Fees
Fine Free Starting January 2, 2021
On January 2, 2021, the Arlington Heights Memorial Library became fine free. If you had library fines on your account in the past, they were waived on January 2.
Customers are responsible for returning or paying replacement costs for overdue library items, as borrowing privileges will be suspended when an item is 14 days overdue.
You will not be able to use your library card to check out library items or access online library resources until overdue items are returned. As soon as overdue items are checked in from quarantine upon return, your account will become active once again. If overdue items aren’t returned, you will receive another reminder overdue notice a week later. Your account will be billed for the item if it is not returned within 35 days of the due date. If it is still not returned within 45 days of the due date, the account will be referred to a material recovery agency. Items checked out through interlibrary loans will not accrue fines starting January 2, although customers will remain responsible for any replacement costs the other library charges.
Arlington Heights cardholders may have up to 100 items checked out at one time (not counting eBooks and eAudiobooks).
If you are using a registered card from another Illinois library, you may have up to 20 items checked out on your card. Some items are limited to Arlington Heights cardholders.
Certain material types have restrictions on the number that can be borrowed:
- eBooks/eAudiobooks (cloudLibrary) – five at a time (10 holds)
- eBooks/eAudiobooks/eComics (hoopla) – 10 per month (all formats)
- eReaders – one of each type
- Music Albums (hoopla) – 10 per month (all formats)
- Video Games (including New & Popular) – 10 at a time
- eVideos (hoopla and Kanopy) – 10 per month
Items are due by closing time on the due date. If eligible, materials will be automatically renewed on the due date. Items with holds or those that have already reached their max renewals are not eligible for automatic renewal, and will continue to be due on the original due date.
Avoid Blocked Accounts
To remind you about return dates and help you avoid blocked accounts due to long overdue materials, you can sign up for email notifications. Simply add your email address under the "Borrowing Notifications Email" section on your account page.
Paying Replacement Charges and Fees
Replacement charges and fees may be paid online or in-person at the library and on the bookmobile.
- Log in to your account.
- Click "My Late Charges" on the right-hand side.
- Follow the instructions to complete your payment (all major credit cards accepted).
In-person at the library:
- Payments accepted at the Checkout Desk or at the Self-Checkout Stations.
- Cash, personal check and all major credit cards accepted.
In-person on the bookmobile:
- Cash or personal check accepted.
- Most items without holds may be renewed twice.
- New and Popular items may be renewed once.
- Hot Picks items are not renewable.
- Interlibrary Loans (ILLs) borrowed from other libraries are not automatically renewed
Eligible items will automatically renew on the date they are due, and the new due date will be noted within the My Account page on the website. Items with holds or those that have already reached their max renewals are not eligible for automatic renewal, and will continue to be due on the original due date. Interlibrary loans (ILLs) are not automatically renewed, and renewals can continue to be requested via the ILL page on the website.
Book & Media Drops
Library items may be returned at the library, the bookmobile or at our book and media drops at Camelot Park, Frontier Park or the Arlington Heights Senior Center. Library items are picked up from the book and media drops on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
*Donations can be dropped off at the main library building or the Arlington Heights Senior Center. *Currently unable to accept donations while quarantining materials.