Illinois residents can renew and purchase their license plate stickers at the library’s Checkout Desk. You will need:
- Your Illinois Vehicle Registration Renewal Notice, current registration card, or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Your current driver's license and license plate number.
Please Note: If your vehicle needs to pass an emissions test or you do not have a valid driver’s license, the Library will be unable to renew your license plate.
Cost and Service Fees
• $7.50 service fee per sticker
• $5 service fee per sticker if paying by credit card (no additional charge if paying with cash)
• $151 for a standard plate (cost varies for personalized, vanity, and other plates)
• Cash or credit accepted. Checks not accepted.
Location and Hours for Renewal Sticker Service
This service is available 7 days a week at the Checkout Desk, opening until ½ hour before closing.
Family Member Renewals
A family member can only purchase a renewal sticker if their ID address is the same as the address listed on the vehicle’s registration card.