This policy applies to exhibits selected, organized, sponsored or hosted by the library. The library presents exhibits and exhibit experiences that provide opportunities for learning, enjoyment, inspiration, and cultural celebration to all audiences.
Exhibits include temporary and traveling exhibits. Exhibits may be sponsored by the library, including those created by community members, organizations (such as school districts), or professional artists. The location will be determiend based on minimal impact to the library's everyday services, the intended audience and other library needs for the space. The length of the exhibits may vary depending on the space availability.
The selection critieria for library exhibits are as follows:
- Consistent with the library's vision and values
- Appeal to wide audiences and diverse community interests
- Potential for related programming and connection to library's collections and services
- Professional quality and condition of exhibit content
- Originality, accuracy, and artistic merit
- Risk assessment
- Suitability to the library's physical spaces
- Proposed return on investment
- Impact on staff and workload
Exhibits will be offered free of charge and open to the public. Library exhibit spaces cannot be used for political or commercial purposes or for the solicitation of business, profit, or fundraising, with the exception of fundraising that supports the library. The library may acknowledge exhibit sponsors as relevant.
Library Administration will review and approve or deny all recommended exhibits and related contract agreements.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must submit:
- A letter of interest describing how your qualifications and experience meet those required for the position.
- Complete the attached availability schedule.
This opportunity will remain open for applications until the position is filled. Only electronic submissions will be considered.