Resources for Job Seekers
- National Able Network
- Career Resource Center
- Harper College Job Placement Resource Center
- Illinois WorkNet (Arlington Heights Location)
- Illinois WorkNet (main site)
- Jewish Vocational Services
- Northwest Compass
- St. Hubert's Job & Networking Ministry
- Path to Career Readiness
- Please note: Some of the agencies provided have temporarily suspended services. Check their websites for updates.
Resources for Unemployed Individuals
- COVID-19 and Unemployment Benefits (Illinois Department of Employment Services)
- All Illinois Department of Employment Services (IDES) offices are closed to the public until further notice. File your unemployment claim online. Please note that online filing and claims applications will be unavailable every night from 8 p.m.-10 p.m. for daily claims processing.
- If you have questions about unemployment insurance, please call the IDES Customer Service Center at 800-244-5631 or 866-488-4016 TTY.
- Certify for unemployment insurance benefits here, or call Tele-Serve at 312-338-4337 Monday-Friday 5:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- To post your resume, search job postings, or find a job, visit www.illinoisjoblink.com. For assistance with Illinois Job Link, call 877-342-7533 or 866-488-4016 TTY.
- Explore Illinois workNet’s resources for laid off workers for additional assistance.
Other Economic Assistance Resources
- Fannie Mae Assistance Options for Homeowners Impacted by COVID-19
- [Freddie Mac’s] COVID-19 Response and Extending Help to Homeowners Impacted by COVID-19
Other economic assistance:
Resources for Small Businesses
Chamber of Commerce FAQ: https://arlingtonhcc.com/faq-and-updates/
Additional Online Resources
- Tutor.com: Need help? Don't worry, Tutor.com is available for career help, like resume reviews and more.
- Gale Courses: Need to learn something new? Hundreds of six-week, instructor-led courses on topics ranging from tech skills to creative writing, gardening and starting a business.
- Udemy Video Tutorials: Udemy offers over 3,500 on-demand video tutorials covering technology (Office, Windows, and Mac OS, coding, etc.), business & management, job & career skills, and personal growth.