Masks required for drive-up window service
We are asking every drive-up window customer to wear a mask or face covering. This additional safety step is based on the most recent guidance from the Illinois Department of Health reiterating face coverings are an effective way to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Here's how drive-up pickup window service works:
- Have your library card and any additional family members' cards ready.
- Enter the library's parking garage.
- Proceed ahead and around to the drive-up window. Please be alert for increased pedestrian and drive-through traffic.If you are on foot or a bike, please come in to the library to pick up your items.
- We ask our hold pickup customers to wear masks as we do our staff, to help slow the spread of the virus in our community. If you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, please contact library staff for accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 870-3642.
- Verify your identity at the window. The staff member will place your items outside the window, and you can be on your way.
If you have multiple holds and realize you won't have time to read or watch them all at once, freezing your holds will allow you to manage when you are ready for an item, and you won't lose your place in line.
If you prefer to get your items while on foot or on a bike, your items can be retrieved from the pickup shelves in the library next to the checkout desk.
Drive-up window hours of operation:
Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
All book returns are now open
Thank you for your continued support and patience.
For more information, accommodations or questions, please contact us at email@example.com or chat with us.