All holds remaining on the in-library hold shelf will be moved to the drive-up window for pickup while the library building is closed, starting Friday, November 20.
If you've already been notified your items are ready for pickup and would like to change your preferred pickup location, contact us via chat or email at email@example.com, by calling 847-392-0100 or by going to your My Account webpage at ahml.info and selecting Request Pickup Location Change.
Drive-up window service
Masks required for drive-up window service. We require every drive-up window customer to wear a mask or face covering. This additional safety step is based on the most recent guidance from the Illinois Department of Health reiterating face coverings are an effective way to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Here's how drive-up pickup window service works:
- Have your library card and any additional family members' cards ready.
- Enter the library's parking garage.
- Proceed ahead and around to the drive-up window. Please be alert for increased pedestrian and drive-through traffic.
- Masks are required for hold pickup for customers as well as staff, to help slow the spread of the virus in our community. If you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, please contact library staff for accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 870-3642.
- Verify your identity at the window. The staff member will place your items outside the window, and you can be on your way.
Drive-up window hours of operation:
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Freezing your holds
If you have multiple holds and realize you won't have time to read or watch them all at once, freezing your holds will allow you to manage when you are ready for an item, and you won't lose your place in line.
Contactless pickup and return at the library
If you prefer to get your items while on foot or on a bike, your items can be retrieved via contactless pickup at the Dunton Ave. entrance. All book returns are open as well, and contactless return of oversized materials is available at the drive-up window or Dunton Ave. entrance. Learn more
The bookmobile is a contactless hold pickup location
Library items can also be picked up closer to home through the bookmobile's contactless hold pickup system. You can place a hold online for any one of our 24 bookmobile locations and meet us there during the designated times of the stop. When you arrive to pick up your hold, text us at 847-533-2000 with your first and last name and we will text you back when your items are on the outdoor table next to the bookmobile ready for pickup. Your holds will already be checked out to your library card. Click here to learn more about the bookmobile's schedule.
Thank you for your continued support and patience. For more information, accommodations or questions, please contact us at email@example.com or chat with us.