You can also explore your interests or learn something new using our online databases! See our learning resources page for a complete list.
- A to Z World Foods - Recipes and overviews of food from around the world.
- A to Z World Maps - Thousands of detailed international maps (countries, regions, states, etc.), as well as topographic maps, climate maps and more.
- Britannica Library - Kids' edition of the world's most famous encyclopedia. Includes a world atlas, state profiles, biographies, animal profiles and much more.
- Creativebug - More than 1,000 award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists. Includes sewing/quilting/knitting, paper crafts, food, jewelry, holiday crafts and more.
- CultureGrams - Learn about the world's countries and peoples.
- Little Pim - Language learning for kids, pre-K to Grade 2; covers Spanish, French, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Hebrew, English, German, Arabic and Russian.
- Mango Languages - Learn French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, German, and English.
- National Geographic Kids - Pictures, books and magazine articles about animals, science, history, cultures, the environment and more.
- Tutor.com - In addition to live homework help, explore lessons, worksheets, study guides and videos to help you with a variety of subjects.
Check out these free resources that will keep you learning even when you aren't in the classroom.
- Be Internet Awesome - Digital citizenship curriculum. No account needed.
- Google CS First - Coding curriculum. You can choose from one-hour activities to 8+ hour themed lessons. No account needed.
- Hour of Code - One hour coding lessons for all ages. No account needed.
- Khan Academy - Online courses in a variety of subjects. You will need to create an account to get started.
- NASA - STEM activities and resources for grades K-12.
- Scholastic Learn at Home - Day-by-day projects to keep you reading, thinking and growing. No account needed.
- Science Buddies - Hands-on science projects for STEM learning at home. You will need to create an account to get started.
- Scratch - Program your own interactive stories, games and animations. You will need to create an account to get started.
- Smithsonian Distance Learning - Distance learning videos for grades 3-8.
- Starfall - Educational games for grades K-3.
Homeschooling Collections in hoopla
Stories and More Online
Here are a variety of storytime and additional learning resources you can enjoy from the comfort of your home.
- BookFlix - A fun resource that pairs a video recording of a book, with a nonfiction companion book. Fun puzzle challenges are available, as well as more info for you to "Dive Deeper!"
- Day by Day NY - A song, story, craft, and more for every day of the year.
- Hoopla Read-Alongs - A variety of items available for digital check out, including fun picture books.
- Just For Kids - A comic for kids that explores the new coronavirus.
- KidLit TV - Enjoy kids' TV and radio shows, craft projects, and stories.
- Miss Humblebee's Academy - An award-winning, online curriculum for children preschool through kindergarten, providing strength in core subject areas: math, science and social studies, language and literacy, art and music.
- Read, Wonder, and Learn - Do you miss your favorite librarian from Story Time? Check out Read, Wonder, and Learn with beloved authors and illustrators sharing their work with listeners!
- Scholastic Teachables - This online database of printable resources offers unlimited access to award-winning activities and printable skills sheets, lesson plans, clip art, games and other resources for teaching kids grades Pre-K to 8.
- StoryCove - A read-along collection of international folktales.
- Storyline Online - Famous performers and musicians reading beloved picture books.
- Tumble Book Library - Animated stories you can read along to.
- TumbleMath - Fun, simple math lessons, focusing on basics, in the form of read-alongs. Includes quizzes and lesson planning tools for teachers and homeschoolers.
Crafts and Activities
Enjoy fun crafts and activities online.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Yoga, stories and some of your favorite pop culture characters like Harry Potter or Elsa, what's not to love?
- Drawing Workshops - Join author and illustrator Jarrett Krosoczka for live drawing workshops weekdays at 1 p.m. starting Monday, March 16.
- Go Noodle - Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. No account needed.
- HowtoToon - Live cartooning classes beginning Wednesday, March 18 at noon.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems - Draw, doodle, and write with author and illustrator Mo Willems weekdays at noon.
- Maker Stations - Using materials you have around your house, challenge yourself to make something like a catapult or marble maze.
- Pinna.fm - Kids podcasts, audio stories, music, audiobooks and more. This paid subscription service is now offering a 60 day free trial. You will need to create an account to get started.
- San Diego Zoo - Take a virtual trip to the San Diego Zoo!
Follow us on our social media platforms as we continue to share even more online learning ideas: