Genealogy & Local History
It's All Relative
Home For The Holidays: Stories of Family Celebrations
Posted by susanmayer on 12/02/16
The holiday season, when families come together, is a perfect time for telling and retelling family stories and sharing memories of loved ones. Learn techniques for gathering these stories for future generations from personal historian Diane Dassow, who will lead you through the process of conducting successful interviews. Come share your favorite holiday stories, listen to others, and enjoy cider and cookies on Saturday, December 10 at 1 p.m. Bring the family!
The Kathrine Shackley Room for Local History and Genealogy (located on the first floor) includes:
- Books, periodicals, newspapers, maps, and access to several online databases
- An extensive microfilm collection
- Local church records
- Various Arlington High School yearbooks
- Information on the subdivisions, people, places and events of Arlington Heights
- Three microform readers with print capability.
- Two readers have the additional capability to email or save images to a flash drive.
- Readers can be used to read personal microfilm or microfiche.
(Arlington Heights Memorial Library cardholders Only)
- Local history databases
- Clio (available in the library): Digital genealogy books and county histories from several Midwest and Eastern states.