Genealogy & Local History
It's All Relative
Jewish Genealogy Research
Posted by mmulholl on 07/14/15
Do you have Jewish ancestors? If so, please join the program on Sunday, August 9 from 1 - 3:30 p.m. in the Hendrickson Room.
Harriet Rudnit will discuss Jewish research challenges, relevant documents, plus important online sources including Jewishgen.org, and Ancestry.com. You can also network with members of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Illinois.
The Kathrine Shackley Room for Local History and Genealogy (located on the first floor) includes:
- Books, periodicals, newspapers, maps, and access to several online databases
- An extensive microfilm collection
- Local church records
- Various Arlington High School yearbooks
- Information on the subdivisions, people, places and events of Arlington Heights
- Three microform readers with print capability.
- Two readers have the additional capability to email or save images to a flash drive.
- Readers can be used to read personal microfilm or microfiche.
(Arlington Heights Memorial Library cardholders Only)
- Local history databases
- Clio (available in the library): Digital genealogy books and county histories from several Midwest and Eastern states.