Genealogy & Local History
It's All Relative
October is Family History Month!
Posted by mmulholl on 10/04/14
NOW is the time to start your family history!
The holidays are approaching and that is a time for family gatherings. Start asking those questions and bringing out the old photo album. Not sure how to start? Sign up for the Beginner's Genealogy class on October 9. If you miss that one, the last one of the year is November 6. ...
The Kathrine Shackley Room for Local History and Genealogy (located on the first floor) includes:
- Books, periodicals, newspapers, maps, and access to several online databases
- An extensive microfilm collection
- Local church records
- Various Arlington High School yearbooks
- Information on the subdivisions, people, places and events of Arlington Heights
- Three microform readers with print capability.
- Two readers have the additional capability to email or save images to a flash drive.
- Readers can be used to read personal microfilm or microfiche.
Tutorial: Growing and Sharing Your Family Tree (using Family Tree Maker)
(AHML Cardholders only)
- Local history databases
- Clio (available in the library): Digital genealogy books and county histories from several Midwest and Eastern states.