Genealogy & Local History
The Kathrine Shackley Room for Local History and Genealogy (located on the first floor) includes:
- Books, periodicals, newspapers, maps, and access to several online databases
- An extensive microfilm collection
- Local church records
- Various Arlington High School yearbooks
- Information on the subdivisions, people, places and events of Arlington Heights
- Three microform readers with print capability.
- Two readers have the additional capability to email or save images to a flash drive.
- Readers can be used to read personal microfilm or microfiche.
Tutorial: Growing and Sharing Your Family Tree (using Family Tree Maker)
(Arlington Heights Memorial Library cardholders Only)
New: You must create a personal LyndaLibrary profile.
(Arlington Heights Memorial Library cardholders only)
- Local history databases
- Clio (available in the library): Digital genealogy books and county histories from several Midwest and Eastern states.