Teen Film Fest Rules
- The filmmaker must be present at the Film Fest to win a prize(we're awarding $300 total for 6 different categories!) The Film Fest screening will be on Friday, August 21st beginning at 6:00 p.m. at Metropolis Performing Arts Centre in downtown Arlington Heights.
- All films must be made into YouTube videos on the director’s YouTube account. You must allow for embedding of the videos on your YouTube account.
- The deadline for all film submissions is Monday, August 10th.
- E-mail YouTube links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A completed ENTRY FORM must be submitted for each film. Return forms to the Teen Desk (in the Hub) on the first floor of the library, addressed to Tom Spicer. Those directors who are under the age of 18 must have a parent’s signature.
- Films should be no longer than six minutes in length.
- Only three films are allowed per person.
- Filmmakers must be 12 to 18 years of age. Adults may appear in the film, but should have no other responsibilities in the production of the film.
- In the case of a high number of submissions, we may not be able to show all of the films submitted to the fest. We willnotify you if your film will be screened at the film fest.
Movie Making Classes at the Library
Movie Making Classes at Metropolis
Tips for Using Copyright Free Music
- Make your own music: Use GarageBand and our state of the art microphones and editing equipment in the library’s new digital media lab, the Studio, to produce your movie’s soundtrack. Call 847-392-0100 to learn more and make a reservation.
- Check out Mobygratis.com where alternative song artist Moby has composed music that can be used for free in independent films.
- Public Domain 4U has copyright ok’d older (way older) songs.
- Musopen is an online library of contemporary recordings of public domain music (Musopen does require an acknowledgement if music is used from their website).
- Archive.org, which hosts a seemingly endless collection of recordings in the public domain. The archive also holds hundreds of public domain films that can be downloaded and even creatively incorporated into your project.
Breaking Bone (Download)
Evil Laugh (Download)
Glitchy Bells (Download)
Vending Glitch (Download)
Vending Machine (Download)