Here's how it works:
- Create a film - make a ridiculous comedy, a music video, a blistering action short, a documentary film about your life or even a freaky horror movie. Anything! Be creative and have fun.
- Upload your film to YouTube and submit an entry form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Hub Desk, for each movie you make by FRIDAY, AUGUST 1st!
- Attend the A.H. Teen Film Fest on Friday, August 15, 7–9 p.m. at the library by calling 847-392-0100 to reserve your seats for this free event. Registration opens May 1.
- Must be a teen to 12-18 years of age to submit a film!
- $50 cash prizes will be awarded to films in various categories: Best Overall Film, Audience Favorite, Music Video and more!
- Films will be judged by Metropolis’ own screenwriter and resident playwright Scott Woldman, Arlington Heights Art Commissioner and Daily Herald film critic, Dann Gire.
- Red Carpet interviews, before the Film Fest, with all filmmakers from 6-6:45 p.m. in the library!
- Also, for TEENS ONLY, please join us from 9:00-10:00 p.m. after the Film Fest for an after party featuring FROYO, DIY activities and more!
- Stay up to date on the Film Fest on Twitter by searching #AHTFF. Don't forget to follow us at @hub500.
Library Teen Filmmaking Camps:
Additional Filmmaking Camps:
Here are the winners to our 7th Annual Teen Film Fest!