Do you love reading and wish you could talk about books with your friends? Try a DIY book discussion!
Step 1: Ask your fellow bookworm friends to join.
Step 2: Come to Kids' World and choose a title from the book discussion collection; these check out for six weeks!
Step 3: Make sure everyone has a copy of the book and then read the book!
Step 4: Set a date and invite everyone over to your house to talk about the book. Have some snacks ready - snacks make everything better.
Step 5: Not sure what questions to ask to get started talking about the book? Try these:
- What was your favorite part of this book?
- Who was your favorite character in the book? Why?
- Have you ever had an experience similar to any described in this story?
- Is there anything about this book you didn’t like?
- Would you recommend this book to a friend? Why or why not?
- Do you know any people in real life who may be similar to some of the characters in this book?
- Have you ever read any books like this one?
- What did you think of the ending of the book? Did it make sense?
- Would you like to read another book by this author?
- What is your favorite book of all time? Why is it your favorite book?