Computers & Technology
- Desktops (1 hour - extensions possible)
- Laptops (2 hours - AHML card required)
- iPads (2 hours - AHML card required)
- Adults can sign in at the Tech Help desk
- Kids can sign in at the Kids' World desk for computers with filtered Internet access
- Library cardholders can submit their designs to be printed out using one of our 3D printers.
- The size of printed objects is limited to 100 x 100 x 125 mm (approximately 3.9 x 3.9 x 4.9 in.).
- The cost of the print will vary depending on the amount of plastic used. Each print will cost $1.00 for the first five grams of material used and $0.25 for each additional gram.
- Flash drive
- Google Docs
- PDFs (searchable)
Black & white and color printers and copiers are available.
- 5¢/black & white page
- 50¢/color page
You can add funds to your library card to use for printing and copying.
Print jobs are held in the queue for 4 hours before being deleted.
- View our computer and technology class list and register. You can also register at the library or by calling 847-392-0100.
- There are computer classes at the Senior Center as well.
- Half-hour appointments for specific questions about computers, tablets, eReaders/eBooks, software, studio equipment, etc.
- Visit the the Appointment page and select either "computers and technology" or "eBooks and eReaders" as your consultation subject.
- A Tech Help Desk staff member will contact you to set up a meeting date and time.