Did you see Skyfall yet? It's pretty entertaining if you ask me. Did it make you want to see more James Bond flicks? How about reading a spy story or two? I've read one recently that I enjoyed. It's called Also Known As by Robin Benway. It's about a girl named Maggie who is a professional safecracker. She can break into any vault, door, safe, you name it. She's actually like one of the best in the world. When her family gets sent to New York City for Maggie's very first solo assignment, she is pretty excited about it. Too bad this assignment involves attending a high school and pretending to be a normal teenager. So far Maggie has been fine avoiding that kind of drama and isn't really looking to try her hand at the regular high school lifestyle. But in order to complete this very important assignment, she has to get close enough to Jesse Oliver to crack the case of his possibly corrupt father. Jesse Oliver is cute and probably annoying, but a job's a job and this may be the most important job ever!
How's it going? We are busy here behind the scenes planning stuff that is just for teens. Stuff like fun programs, contests and other amazing ways to stave off boredom and malaise. AND we're anxiously awaiting the completion of the new Hub space - which is going to be glorious. Right now, in case you don't know who "we" are (or even if you do), let us introduce ourselves!
I’m in love with this giant book called The Elements: A visual exploration of every known atom in the universe, by Theodore Gray.
Chemistry Experiment: Glowing Pennies
- Gather all the supplies needed: pencil case/mold, glue, markers, glitter or whatever you'd like to use to decorate your bookmark.
- Draw a pattern or color in the indentation on the pencil case or mold. Keep in mind that anything not colored in will be clear.
- Fill in the indentation with a thick layer of glue. Make sure not to use too much glue; it shouldn't spill over the edge of the mold.
- Add glitter, confetti, or anything else you want to decorate your bookmark with.
- Practice patience. Let the glue dry for 1-2 days depending on the thickness. It should look clear, not white, when it is ready.
- Carefully peel off your bookmark. You can trim the edges with scissors if you want.
- Dive into a good book without worrying about losing your place!