“I get this feeling that something bad is happening, like I’m going to come home and find our building burned to the ground or white supremacists chasing my family around with baseball bats, or that this bus is going to crash into the bodega on Clark Street. My head won’t stop with this shit. I know it’s all anxiety. It pummels my brain with thoughts and images of horrible things going down. What is the matter with me? I’m sick of talking about myself. I’m sick of thinking about myself. I’m sick of myself.”
Filled with dark and sardonic humor, Permanent Record will have you laughing out loud. Badi/Bud’s first person narration clearly depicts the depression and anxiety experienced by teens trying to find their place in the world. His keen and witty observations of other characters and situations provide a realistic backdrop for the story and mystery that unfolds. For those that loved The Perks of Being a Wallflower, this is a great read for you. You’ll love outcast Badi/Bud and his determination to battling injustice.
4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 Tbs 2% milk
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 Tbs butter
- Gather all the supplies needed: pencil case/mold, glue, markers, glitter or whatever you'd like to use to decorate your bookmark.
- Draw a pattern or color in the indentation on the pencil case or mold. Keep in mind that anything not colored in will be clear.
- Fill in the indentation with a thick layer of glue. Make sure not to use too much glue; it shouldn't spill over the edge of the mold.
- Add glitter, confetti, or anything else you want to decorate your bookmark with.
- Practice patience. Let the glue dry for 1-2 days depending on the thickness. It should look clear, not white, when it is ready.
- Carefully peel off your bookmark. You can trim the edges with scissors if you want.
- Dive into a good book without worrying about losing your place!