How does it work?
Each participating band must submit an entry form + release.
Submission guidelines and rules of the competition
- The Battle of the Recorded Bands contest will be held from February 1–March 31. Bands/solo musicians can submit songs to the contest any time up to and including the March 31 deadline.
- Songs should be no longer than 5 minutes in length. Individuals and bands may submit up to 3 songs. Submissions are not guaranteed to be included on the website for the public vote. Each person who enters the contest will be automatically entered into a raffle for prizes provided by Arlington Heights Guitar Center.
- Songs should be submitted to email@example.com.
- Questions about submission format, or anything else, can be directed to 847- 506-2674.
- Songs containing language or content not appropriate for all ages will not be considered for public voting and live performance invitation.
- Musicians should be 12–18 years of age. Adults may assist musicians, but the songs submitted must be performed and recorded by teens only.
- A significant element of each song entered should be recorded, produced or engineered in the Studio.
- The Studio provides the capacity to record voice, electronic drums, electronic keyboard and other virtual instruments. Any other instruments will need to be brought in by contestants. Musicians wishing to include live drum tracks will need to record them outside of the library and import the tracks.
Basic Audio Production
Free Classes in partnership with Guitar Center
You 'Uke: Learn to play the Ukelele!
Tuesday, March 18, from 4:00 to 5:00 pm in the Cardinal Room
Learn how to play the ukulele just in time to host your own luau! With help from The Guitar Center you will be strumming away to an island beat in no time. Register beginning March 1st.
Tuesday, April 15 from 4:00 to 5:00 pm in the Cardinal Room