Located in the nonfiction area (near Customer Services), our self-serve Tax Station currently offers federal as well as Illinois tax forms and publications. Please call Customer Services directly to find out if a specific form or publication is available: 847-506-2640.
Although our librarians cannot and do not offer tax advice, they can help you find forms and publications. Here are a few resources they've selected to help you get started:
- AARP Tax Assistance Locator (Find an AARP tax-aide site near you.)
- Arlington Heights Memorial Library-- Seniors, age 60 and older, and disabled persons of any age can get free tax counseling at the library from AARP tax aides. Appointments are available on Tuesdays beginning Feb.10. Register online or call 847-392-0100.
- Wheeling Township--has AARP representatives who provide this free service to seniors (60) and the disabled. 847-259-7730
- Arlington Heights Senior Center--provides free tax service to people 60 yrs and older. 847-253-5532
CEDA Northwest 1300 West Northwest Highway, Mt Prospect - (847) 392-2332
Every Saturday starting Jan 30- April 10 from 8:30-12:00 p.m. CEDA's clinic will service clients on a first come, first serve basis (No appointments available at this time). It serves low- to moderate-income people (generally, $49,000 and below).
The Center for Economic Progress--The closest location is in Elgin (about 20 miles) and all the rest are in Chicago
- IRS Schiller Park office--5100 River Road, Schiller Park, IL 60176. Hours: M-F 8:30-4:30 Phone: 847-671-7541 (about 20 miles)