Business Services Blog
- the need to develop a stronger online presence
- get on social media
- that selling is more about presentation than the selling
- knowing your customer, their industry, and their needs and values
- knowing what’s different about your product … besides price
- the importance of branding yourself as a salesperson.
Stay tuned for details about our next Business Book discussion happening May 21st!
02/19/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:30pm @ Armands Pizzeria, 70 N Vail Ave, Arlington Heights Register
- Business Bytes: Using Databases for Your Business
Learn about 3 of the Library’s business databases and how you can use them to generate sales leads, marketing lists, company research and more.
Mon, 02/10/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:00pm Register here
Tue, 02/11/2014 - 10:00am - 11:00am Register here
- Business Book Club
Wed, 2/19/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:30pm Register here
- SCORE: Affordable Care Act: Basics for Business Owners
Wed, 02/26/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:30pm Register here
Cosponsored with SCORE (Counselors to America’s Small Business)
- Facebook Pages for Business
Tue, 02/04/2014 - 1:30pm - 3:00pm Register here
A.H. cardholders only.
One-on-one appointments can be made if you need more personalized advice for your business. We can help your business get off the ground, set up your social media and social media management tools, pull business lists for your marketing efforts, and get you pointed in the right direction. Request an appointment with our business specialists here.
1/13/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:00 pm Register
- What worked last year? What didn’t work last year? What do I want to do differently?
- What do I want my business to look like this time next year?
- What 3 things need to happen in order to get there?
- Specific – be specific, not vague
- Measurable – try to quantify your goal so you know without a doubt if you accomplished it.
- Actionable – every goal should begin with an action verb describing how you will execute your goal
- Realistic – make sure it is something that will require dedication to achieve, but not over the top
- Time bound - make sure you set a deadline. This makes it a true goal.
If you want to learn more or need assistance with getting Hootsuite set up, schedule an appointment with Shannon or Julie to learn how. We meet with business owners all the time and it’s a tool we know you will use repeatedly in 2014!
Send a personalized tiny letter
iTunes gift certificates
Amazon gift cards
Starbucks gift card -- via twitter! tweet-a-coffee
In 2010, American Express introduced the idea of Small Business Saturday. The idea was to encourage shoppers to spend a part of their holiday shopping budget in brick-and-mortar businesses that are small and local. These businesses are the heart and soul of our communities.
Six reasons to shop local this weekend:
- It’s economical - Shopping in your community saves gas
- It supports a family – many small business are independently owned and need our business to stay in business
- Shopping local puts money back into your own community
- It’s cozy and old fashioned holiday goodness to shop local.
- Many small businesses will offer special discounts specifically for Small Business Saturday
- Your local small business owner is often able to provide a more personalized shopping experience.