Business Services Blog
- Visit with local authors
- Try new technologies hands-on at the Tech Table
- See food demos by Chef Dave Esau of Dave’s Specialty Foods and Food Consultant Jennifer Downing of Nourish
- Meet artist Joe Burlini and view artwork by other local artists
- Play math games and browse the STEM collection in Kids’ World
- Get fun giveaways and enter our drawing for gift cards, Nooks, and an iPad.
- Get marketing tips via social media and database demos in the Business Center
Learn about the new healthcare legislation going into effect January 2014. Lori Martin, president of Envision Benefits Specialists, will explain how to effectively use your healthcare benefits and discuss the changing Medicare landscape and future trends in healthcare.
• how to effectively use your healthcare benefits and manage the rising cost of services
• gain an understanding of how public and private exchanges will operate
• future trends in healthcare benefits
• the changing Medicare landscape
If the quality looks fuzzy on your screen after you click Play, just click on the small "gear" symbol at the bottom of the video to change the quality of your video to 720p HD. This should improve your viewing experience!
Courses are FREE and accessible from home, office, or inside the library to Arlington Heights Cardholders, including Business Library Cardholders.
We're excited to share our second spotlight video featuring a local business! Tropical Smoothie Cafe is located at 315 E Rand Road and offers customers a range of healthy food choices custom made with fresh ingredients, catering, fundraisers, delivery and more. Check out their spotlight!
Business Services will continue to add to this series of business spotlight videos in 2013. Future videos will highlight Arlington Heights small businesses, their niche in the local community, and how businesses can utilize the library’s resources.
- Have a current business library card.
- Are an Arlington Heights business that is less than 5 years old.
- Have used business services, databases, classes, programs, the Studio, or other library resource to better/grow your business. (Please be specific).
- Would like to gain visibility via a marketing video that features your business!