Business Services Blog
- Business Bytes: Ideas for Creating a Business Video using Studio Resources
Mon, 03/10/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:00pm Register here
Tue, 03/11/2014 - 10:00am - 11:00am Register here
The 6 Vital Steps to Growing Your Business
Learn proven strategies on how to improve sales and marketing, increase your profits, structure a growth plan, and build a winning team.
03/19/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:30pm Register here
- Pinterest for Business: in the training center
Tue, 04/04/2014 - 1:30pm - 3:00pm Register here
A.H. cardholders only.
- Business Bytes: Using Pinterest as a Marketing Tool
- the need to develop a stronger online presence
- get on social media
- that selling is more about presentation than the selling
- knowing your customer, their industry, and their needs and values
- knowing what’s different about your product … besides price
- the importance of branding yourself as a salesperson.
Stay tuned for details about our next Business Book discussion happening May 21st!
02/19/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:30pm @ Armands Pizzeria, 70 N Vail Ave, Arlington Heights Register
- Business Bytes: Using Databases for Your Business
Learn about 3 of the Library’s business databases and how you can use them to generate sales leads, marketing lists, company research and more.
Mon, 02/10/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:00pm Register here
Tue, 02/11/2014 - 10:00am - 11:00am Register here
- Business Book Club
Wed, 2/19/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:30pm Register here
- SCORE: Affordable Care Act: Basics for Business Owners
Wed, 02/26/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:30pm Register here
Cosponsored with SCORE (Counselors to America’s Small Business)
- Facebook Pages for Business
Tue, 02/04/2014 - 1:30pm - 3:00pm Register here
A.H. cardholders only.
One-on-one appointments can be made if you need more personalized advice for your business. We can help your business get off the ground, set up your social media and social media management tools, pull business lists for your marketing efforts, and get you pointed in the right direction. Request an appointment with our business specialists here.
1/13/2014 - 7:00pm - 8:00 pm Register
- What worked last year? What didn’t work last year? What do I want to do differently?
- What do I want my business to look like this time next year?
- What 3 things need to happen in order to get there?
- Specific – be specific, not vague
- Measurable – try to quantify your goal so you know without a doubt if you accomplished it.
- Actionable – every goal should begin with an action verb describing how you will execute your goal
- Realistic – make sure it is something that will require dedication to achieve, but not over the top
- Time bound - make sure you set a deadline. This makes it a true goal.
If you want to learn more or need assistance with getting Hootsuite set up, schedule an appointment with Shannon or Julie to learn how. We meet with business owners all the time and it’s a tool we know you will use repeatedly in 2014!