Home Sweet Home is an online pinboard created to collect memories of life -- past and present -- in Arlington Heights.
Everyone is welcome to look at and comment on the memories shared on the Home Sweet Home website. However, if you wish to participate - share a memory, like or follow others on Home Sweet Home - you will need have an account. The Home Sweet Home account is not tied to your library account.
- Click the orange Create Account link at the top right of the screen. A form is displayed where you are asked to create a username and password.
- Type your chosen username in the Username field. You may include most characters in a username - restrictions are noted on the form.
Type your email address in the Email field
All emails from the system will be sent to this address. The email address is not made public and will only be used if you wish to receive a new password or wish to receive certain news or notifications by email.
- Click the Create New Account button.
A memory is a picture, a video or a written story about Arlington Heights. Each memory is created by clicking the Add Memory link in the menu and adding the information required.
Memories on the Home Sweet Home site look something like this. You will see all the information you have added along with your name and the board you pinned the memory to and any comments or "likes" others have added.
- Click the Follow All link under the person's picture
To follow a particular board:
- Click the Follow link that appears beneath the board you are interested in.
Check the latest additions to contributors/boards you are following:
- Click the You follow link in the menu bar.
- Click the Unfollow All link under the person's picture
To unfollow a particular board:
- Click the Unfollow link that appears beneath the board you are no longer interested in following.
Patrons are liable for the opinions expressed and the accuracy of the information contained in the content they submit. The library assumes no responsibility for such content.
The library reserves the right not to post submitted content or to remove patron-generated content for any reason, including but not limited to:
- content that is profane, obscene, or pornographic
- content that is abusive, discriminatory or hateful on account of race, national origin, religion, age
- gender, disability, or sexual orientation
- content that contains threats, personal attacks, or harassment
- content that contains solicitations or advertisements
- content that is invasive of another person’s privacy
- content that is unrelated to the discussion or venue in which it is posted
- content that is in violation of the library’s Code of Conduct or any other library policy
If you have a concern about a memory pinned on the Home Sweet Home site, please report it.
Click on the memory.
A Report Memory link is displayed beneath the story and above the comment section.
- Click the Report Memory link.
- From the drop-down list that appears, select the category that represents why the memory is of concern to you.
- Click the Flag This Memory button,.
Reported pins will be reviewed to determine if they are in violation of any of our Terms and Conditions, or aren't appropriate for all viewers. Home Sweet Home reserves the right to remove any content for any reason.