Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Arlington Heights Memorial Library is a not-for-profit organization that raises funds to provide gifts (programs, materials, equipment, and artwork) for the library. The Friends sponsor four yearly used book sales and maintain a book boutique (located on the first floor) offering used books and magazines for sale throughout the year.
- Super Spring Sale – Last full weekend in April
- Summerfest Sale – First full weekend in August
- Fantastic Fall Sale – Last full weekend in October
Fab Feb Sale – First full weekend in February
See silent auction items.
Every sale includes a silent auction which runs from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Saturday. A listing of these books can be found in the FOL newsletter.
- No electronic devices (e.g., scanners, laptops, cell phones, etc.) will be allowed at the sales.
- No bills over $20 will be accepted. Checks will be accepted.
- Book sales take place four times per year in the Hendrickson Meeting Room on the library's second level and in the Cardinal Room on the first level for children's books. Puzzles and games are available at the February and August sales.
- $3 a bag on Sunday at the February and August sales
6-9 p.m. Members only - Hendrickson Room and Cardinal Room
9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. - Hendrickson Room and Cardinal Room
Silent Auction, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
12-4:30 p.m. - Hendrickson Room
12-3:30 p.m. - Cardinal Room
To support the goals of the FOL organization, money is raised through four book sales per year. The money is used to pay for programs, materials, equipment, artwork and patron series given from the Friends to the Library. Funding is generally used to provide for short notice needs or needs not satisfied through the Library's budgetary process. Since its inception in 1968, the Friends have provided more than $1.1 million in gifts to the Library.
Membership in the Friends of the Arlington Heights Memorial Library is open to all individuals in agreement with its purposes.
- Arlington Heights residents and non-residents are welcome.
- Several membership categories are available: individual, family, patron, life and corporate.
- All contributions are tax-deductible.
- The membership year runs from April 1 to March 31.
Complete an online application to join the Friends of the Arlington Heights Memorial Library.
The membership year is April 1–March 31.
Applications processed between November 1 and March 31 will be for the following year which begins the next April 1. Patrons wishing to attend the February Friday night sale, members only portion of the sale will be charged a nominal membership fee.
Paper applications are also available at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the library.
If you are submitting your application on paper, send it along with your membership fee to:
Friends of the Library
Arlington Heights Memorial Library
500 N. Dunton Ave.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004