April 14 is National Bookmobile Day, but we are celebrating all month long. Stop by the bookmobile during April and check out all the latest books, movies, magazines and music. While you're there, register to win Barnes & Noble gift cards.
Six things you might not know about the Library's bookmobile:
- It is one of 930 bookmobiles in the nation.
- It carries approximately 3,500 items.
- More than 6,600 items are checked out per month.
- About 1,800 people visit it every month.
- It makes as many as 61 stops each month at schools, neighborhoods, parks and other locations.
- It utilizes new, green technology: bio-diesel fuel, battery packs and sun roofs.