Posts tagged with "Bookmobile"
- It is one of 930 bookmobiles in the nation.
- It carries approximately 3,500 items.
- More than 6,600 items are checked out per month.
- About 1,800 people visit it every month.
- It makes as many as 61 stops each month at schools, neighborhoods, parks and other locations.
- It utilizes new, green technology: bio-diesel fuel, battery packs and sun roofs.
The Library’s new bookmobile is making its rounds with a new look and great updates users will appreciate. The new color and graphics on the outside are just the beginning. It is three feet longer so it has more room to carry the newest books, movies, music and magazines. It also has a higher ceiling, additional skylights and better lighting. And with lower steps into the bookmobile, it is even easier to come aboard. In addition to the added space, it has a new “green” feature – a battery pack that helps save fuel by using the generator less. Check here to see when it is coming to a stop near you.To visit the What's Up at the Library blog homepage, click here.
Join us for fun in the sun at area parks this summer. Drop by for a 20-minute storytime and browse in the bookmobile afterwards. In case of bad weather, the storytime will be canceled, but the bookmobile will still be available. The bookmobile stops from 11 a.m.–noon, and storytime is at 11:15 a.m.
Pioneer Park (At the corner of Fairview and Fernandez)
Tuesdays, June 16, 23 & 30, July 7, 14 & 21
Frontier Park (In the Northwest corner of the parking lot)
Wednesdays, June 17 & 24, July 1, 8, 15 & 22