Posts tagged with "Teen"
An Evening with Author Eric Weiner event capped off a day-long exchange between the Washington, D.C.-based author and the Arlington Heights community about The Geography of Genius. Earlier in the day, he spoke to 130 students at Rolling Meadows High School. Read more in the Daily Herald.
• Ukulele: Jared K.
(Pictured: Teen Advisor Evan Mather, Carly B., Guitar Center teacher Brandt Miller and Jared K.)
It was a grand night for showcasing the creativity of our local teens. Congratulations to our award-winning teen filmmakers in the 7th Annual Teen Film Fest that took place at the library on Friday, August 16. Twenty-six films were submitted and awards made in five different categories. There was a red carpet event for all the filmmakers before the film screening and even an after-party for teens to celebrate in the Hub when the film fest was over.
Many thanks to our judges, Daily Herald film critic Dann Gire, Arts Commissioner Toni Higgins Thrash and Metropolis playwright Scott Woldman and also to our event partners, Metropolis Performing Arts Centre and the Arlington Heights Arts Commission.
Check out the winning films on our Teen page:
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: Robert Kraybill for his film 'Ouija'
BEST MUSIC VIDEO: Lynnette Hartwell for her film 'One Way Ticket'
BEST ACTION VIDEO: Luke Mayo for his film 'Artifact'
BEST COMEDY: Abby Anderson for her film 'Alice the Fairy'
AUDIENCE FAVORITE: Robert Kraybill for his film 'Ouija'
BEST OVERALL: Riley Langefeld for his film 'Symphony'
• Adobe’s Creative Cloud, featuring Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• RetroScan, a tool for digitizing 8mm, Super 8mm and 16mm film
• ProTools software for composing, recording, editing and mixing music and soundtracks
• Lighting Cube for product photography
• Recording Kits- bring the Studio home with you
• Wacom Tablet for check-out
• Zoom H4N Handheld Stereo Recorder with Built-in Microphones for check-out
• Tools for digitizing VHS, cassettes, vinyl, photos, slides and more
• Logic Pro X and Garageband
• iMovie and Final Cut X
• Soundproof booth, electric drum kit and keyboards for recording
• Lighting, backdrops and cameras for video and photography
• GoPro cameras for check-out
The Studio is located on the first floor. Schedule a one-on-one appointment to use the Studio or attend an upcoming tech class. Call 847-392-0100 to make a reservation or book online at ahml.info/studio. View tech classes at ahml.info/techclasses. Learn more about the Studio at ahml.info/studio. The Studio is funded by the Friends of the Library.
Best Overall Film - ‘Checkmate’ by Brandon Martin
Best Comedy - ‘Prop Hunt’ by Jared Culm
Best Experimental - ‘Trigger Warning’ by Kathleen Oku
Best Animation - ‘Over the Phone’ by August Graham, Ben Klicker
Best Documentary - ‘Same Molecules’ by Rhegan Graham
Best Music Video - ‘Geronimo’ by Tess Troschuk