Small Business Saturday
Posted by juliekittredge on 11/27/13
As you anticipate the Thanksgiving weekend, you might be looking forward to the feasting, family time, and turkey-induced napping – or anticipating the frenzy of holiday shopping either by staying home or hitting the streets. If you are heading out over the weekend, we hope you’ll consider shopping small and local as encouraged by the “Small Business Saturday” movement.
In 2010, American Express introduced the idea of Small Business Saturday. The idea was to encourage shoppers to spend a part of their holiday shopping budget in brick-and-mortar businesses that are small and local. These businesses are the heart and soul of our communities.
Six reasons to shop local this weekend:
Shop local this weekend and Happy Thanksgiving from the Business Services staff at AHML!
Here are some ways you can take advantage of our services for businesses and organizations:
- Schedule a consultation appointment with our business specialists
- Reserve and borrow library books and other materials
- Use our Business Center, meeting rooms and the Studio (digital media lab)
- Access business databases from home or work
- Register for technology classes
Apply for a business library card to start taking advantage of our services and collections.