Setting Goals in the New Year
Taking time to evaluate the last year of your business is a great way to determine what you want to continue or change in the coming year. Take an afternoon to ask yourself these questions:
- What worked last year? What didn’t work last year? What do I want to do differently?
- What do I want my business to look like this time next year?
- What 3 things need to happen in order to get there?
Make sure your goals are S.M.A.R.T.
- Specific – be specific, not vague
- Measurable – try to quantify your goal so you know without a doubt if you accomplished it.
- Actionable – every goal should begin with an action verb describing how you will execute your goal
- Realistic – make sure it is something that will require dedication to achieve, but not over the top
- Time bound - make sure you set a deadline. This makes it a true goal.
Goals can be related to your business, personal, physical, emotional, or relational – whatever it is that will help you become a better version of you. 2014 can come and go or with SMART goals, you can make it a productive and dynamic year!