Deborah A. Nelson | Vice President/Secretary
- Role on board: Treasurer, Finance Committee Chair, Strategic Planning Committee Chair
- On the board: Since May 2008
- Lived here: Grew up in Arlington Heights, graduated from John Hersey High School, moved back to raise my family
- Occupation: Certified Fund Raising Executive and love what I do; helping dozens of non-profits make a difference for more than 20 years
- Education: B.A., Lake Forest College, double major: English and Spanish; studied abroad in Madrid, Spain
- Most proud of: The board's unanimous vote for another 0% tax levy increase - it means we continue to hold the line on taxes while the staff innovates new ways of delivering ever-evolving services and programs to our Arlington Heights residents and businesses.
- Other village or library-related roles: Friends of the Library Life Member, North Suburban Library System Liaison, American Legion Auxiliary Member, Metropolis Performing Arts Centre Friend, Random Acts of Kindness Club of Arlington Heights Founder.