What's Up at the Library?
There are still some openings for tech classes in April. Learn the skills you need for business, school and home.
- Register at the Info Desk, 847-392-0100 or online. Class descriptions are on our online calendar.
- All sessions are in the Training Center unless otherwise noted.
- Classes in the Training Center are limited to A.H. cardholders. Classes in other locations are open to all.
Linda Robertson of Chicago's Old Town School of Folk Music delights children and adults alike with interactive songs. Experience the joy and excitement of children's music from all over the world!
Date and Time: Saturday, April 5, 4-4:45 p.m.
Location: Hendrickson Room
Sunday is typically a busy day at the library, but the crowd swelled even more on Celebrate Your Library Day on August 18. Community members gathered to:
- Learn about new technology at the Tech Bar and tech classes
- Have their photo taken in the Studio and Lindsey Room
- Play math games in Kids' World
- Visit with A.H. authors and local artist Joe Burlini
- Watch cooking demos and taste some delicious samples
- Learn about library resources for automotive repairs
- Tour the bookmobile
- Sign up to be a Friend of the Library
- Get their first library card
Our thanks to everyone who stopped by to learn about all the great ways to use their newly renovated library.
Learn about Microsoft's current release of Windows operating software. The drastic redesign includes a touch-enabled interface, which expands use beyond desktop computers and laptops to mobile devices. It also provides access to apps as well as new security features and other improvements.
Date and Time: Tuesday, May 20, 7-8:30 p.m.
Location: Cardinal Room
Get those pinkies out because it's tea time with Black Butler. Let's get together and have some tea while discussing manga and anime. Then we will watch the first two episodes of the anime Black Butler. For high school students only. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
Date and Time: Friday, May 23, 6:30-8 p.m.
Location: Hendrickson Room South
Don't spend the summer with boring flip flops. Dress them up! For ages 10-12.
Date and Time: Friday, May 23, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Location: Lindsey Room
If you missed the State of the Village event held at the library on April 30, you can now watch the video of the presentation. Residents had the opportunity to hear from the park district, local school districts, the library and also the mayor, Tom Hayes, about highlights of the past year and details for what lies ahead. The presentation is also being broadcast this week on Channel 6 on WideOpenWest, Channel 17 on Comcast and Channel 99 on U-Verse. You can also read more about the event in this Daily Herald article.
Are you a home-based or small business owner? Please take our survey about the library's business services and let us know how we can serve you better. You just might win a Kindle!