What's Up at the Library?
Following a six-month pilot period, the Arlington Heights Memorial Library Board of Trustees voted to extend the library’s weekend hours, remaining open until 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, and opening the library an hour earlier, at 11 a.m., on Sundays. The cost for the library’s extended hours will be managed within the library’s currently approved budget.
Monday–Friday 9 a.m.–10 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m.–8 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m.–8 p.m.
Job interviews can be tough, and sometimes things don’t go as expected. Career coach Bob Podgorski will give you seven practical and tested tips for recovering from those difficult interview situations.
Date and time: Thursday, February 23, 7-8:30 p.m.
Location: Hendrickson Room
With the Emancipation Proclamation, Lincoln is widely believed to have abolished slavery. Join College of DuPage Professor Sam Mitrani for a presentation on one of our greatest presidents and the true story behind this important moment in history.
Celebrate the birthday of Johnny Cash with a tribute performance by well-known local performer Steve Justman. Steve will guide us through the life and music of this beloved icon.
Learn about today's three commercially available DNA tests and the five leading commercial testing companies. Examples of results will be discussed along with DNA analytical tools. (No DNA tests will be distributed.)
Date and time: Saturday, February 25, 2–4 p.m.
1. Picture ID and Social Security card, Medicare card, or SSA-1099
2. Copies of all your W-2, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-B forms for 2016.
3. Copy of your 2015 federal and state income tax forms filed in 2016
4. Receipts and information for all planned itemized deductions (i.e. medical and dental expenses, taxes and interest you paid, gifts to charities and other miscellaneous deductions). Please total your receipts before coming.
5. Real estate tax bills for property taxes paid in 2016.
6. Closing statements for any real estate sold in 2016. Also, original cost of property and cost of any improvements.
7. Social Security SSA-1099 for 2016
8. Railroad retirement forms for 2016, RRB-1099 and RRB-1099R.
9. Any Affordable Care Act Forms (i.e. 1095)
10. Check from your bank for possible direct deposit or direct debit information.
11. If using Power of Attorney, must bring copy of official form.
All returns will be e-filed, and you will receive a paper copy of your return.
The library was bustling with activity this weekend with a record-breaking number of visitors coming to see the amazing one-of-a-kind creations of the Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club on exhibit in the Hendrickson Room. More than 6,200 guests visited the exhibit Saturday and Sunday. Eleven train club members spent six hours assembling the main display. In addition to the Hendrickson exhibit, the library offered LEGO Club in the Marketplace, with large crowds on both days making models then displaying them at the library. Thanks to everyone who stopped by for all the LEGO fun! More photos in our Facebook gallery here.